Ducks in a Row: HIPAA & HB300 for Therapists - Dallas
Friday, June 13, 2014
1:00 - 4:00 PM
Center for Community Cooperation
2900 Live Oak Street
Dallas, TX 75204
Katie Malinski, LCSW
Online registration is closed.
Registration has reopened for this course! Please note that the venue has changed to the Center for Community Cooperation in Dallas, Texas, to allow for additional seating.
Did you know that Texas passed a law last year that says that even private pay solo practitioners have to follow HIPAA? Do you know that HIPAA training every 2 years is now required? Do you have a complete "HIPAA Compliance File” full of forms and policies & an up-to-date risk assessment?
If you didn’t answer yes to these questions, you may not be in compliance with state and federal law. This training can help! It’s a 3 hour CEU workshop, based on my own research as a solo private practice therapist, as to what I need to do, know, and have to comply with the HIPAA, HITECH, & HB300 regulations. I will share what I’ve learned, and offer plain-spoken, practical guidance on how I’m doing it.
In this workshop, we will discuss:
- What you should have been doing to fulfill HIPAA already
- Ways that the new HIPAA guidelines are likely to affect the solo private practice therapist
- The ethics of privacy and security
- How Texas HB 300 (the Texas Medical Privacy Act) affects HIPAA & your compliance
- HIPAA versus your professional Code of Ethics
- Typical problems the private practice therapist might encounter (like: email, texting, and compliance documentation)
- Solutions: products, practices, forms! checklists! and more resources that can help.
- This course provides 3 hours Ethics CEU via the TX Social Work board.
- This course meets the Federal & Texas standards for HIPAA training (req. every 2 years.)
Registration Information Preregistration is available online at NASWTX.org until Sunday, June 8. Seating is limited and preregistration is encouraged.
| NASW Members||$65|
| Nonmembers||$85 |
Not an NASW Member?Sign up today at www.socialworkers.org/join.asp and enjoy discounted registration on this and many other great events! After you join, please email email@example.com with your name and new Member ID Number and we will create a Texas profile for you so you can access the member rate for this event.
Additional Information This workshop will be held at the Center for Community Cooperation in the Oak Room, which is located at 2900 Live Oak Street in Dallas, Texas, 75204. (map) Free parking is available onsite. This is a different venue than was originally listed and the change was made to accommodate the demand for this course in the area.
The workshop will begin at 1 PM. Please arrive at least 10-15 minutes early to check in.
Meet Katie Malinski, LCSW
| || || |
| ||I am a therapist in private practice in Austin, specializing in
parenting and kids. I’m not a lawyer, and can’t give legal advice—but I
can explain in simple language what I’ve learned and what I’m doing. You
can read more about me and my clinical work on either of these
websites: www.KatieMalinski.com or www.BeyondBirdsandBees.com.|
« Go to Upcoming Event List